Goi taikos fondas (Goi Peace Foundation) skelbia kvietimą dalyvauti 2020 m. tarptautiniame esė rašymo konkurse jauniems žmonėms. Esė laukiama iki 2020 m. birželio 15 d. Konkurso laureatai bus apdovanoti piniginiais prizais ir pakviesti sudalyvauti Japonijoje vyksiančioje iškilmingoje pagerbimo ceremonijoje. Visa informacija apie konkursą ir dalyvavimo jame sąlygos pateikiamos interneto svetainėje: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest
Toliau informacija apie konkursą pateikiama anglų kalba.
2020 INTERNATIONAL ESSAY CONTEST FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- Organized by The Goi Peace Foundation
- Endorsed by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan; Japanese National Commission for UNESCO; Japan Private High School Federation; Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education; Japan Broadcasting Corporation; Nikkei Inc.
- Supported by SEIKO HOLDINGS CORPORATION, PLUS CORPORATION
“A LETTER FROM MYSELF IN 2030”
Imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like. Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
1. Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 - 25)
2. Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
3. Entries may be submitted online or by postal mail.
IMPORTANT: To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page https://goipeace-essaycontest.
Since the online registration page is expected to experience high traffic towards the June 15 deadline, we suggest that you submit your essay as early as possible.
4. Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page indicating (1) your name (2) category (Children or Youth) (3) age as of June 15, 2020 (4) gender (5) nationality (6) address (7) e-mail (8) phone number (9) school name (if applicable) (10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants' names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
5. Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
6. Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
7. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
8. If you have questions, please consult the FAQ section on the bottom of the guidelines’ page https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/
Entries must be received by June 15, 2020 (23:59 your local time).
The following awards will be given in the Children's category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of March 2020) and gift ... 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of March 2020) and gift ... 2 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift ... 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift ... 25 entrants
PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO:
International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan OR Send online through www.goipeace.or.jp
For further inquiries concerning the International Essay Contest for Young People, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org